Tuesday, January 27, 2015

More Challenge 1 Results

Alright, here are some more results from Challenge 1: praying every day for a week! ENJOY! :D


"Praying every day (especially when I pray in the morning) gives me a sense of purpose. By praying I remind myself that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. On days when I pray before going out, I find I am more turned outside myself - selfless - than when I don't. I'm more sensitive to the needs of others, and I feel closer to the Spirit and am more likely to hear promptings throughout the day. Also I'm happier. And I experience noticeably less / weaker temptation. Or maybe it's the same, but I'm stronger, so it seems weaker. I'm more at peace, I have a greater sense of myself and why I'm here and what I'm doing. I have a greater desire to do good things and serve others."


Neat, right?? This next one is super cool as well:


"A couple weeks ago I was hired by a woman in my ward to be a nanny for a 4-year old boy who was taken out of his home due to some pretty awful circumstances. For me, it's a terrifying thing. He's had a very rough life and I have to be very careful with how I approach situations or handle certain things with him or he digresses. He's often scared to leave my side, needs constant attention, and needs to know that he has a routine in his life and someone who cares enough to discipline him. In the last few weeks there have been some scary moments. Situations that I've had to jump in and fix having never dealt with something like it before. When I took Sister Bishops challenge to pray everyday, going to work that Monday morning it was completely different! I stayed calm throughout the entire day which allowed me to comfort him more. I could sit down and talk him through why doing something like he was wasn't OK without being scared of saying the wrong thing. He was able to leave me to clean the house long enough to build two whole Lego sets, and I didn't have to watch him do it! When I got home and began to think of what could have possibly happened to cause such a drastic change in both of our days, I realized it was the help of my Heavenly Father and because I had made a conscious effort to pray to Him everyday. I made a choice to rely on Heavenly Father to guide me through my insecurities and fears. It was a tremendous feeling of comfort and overwhelming relief as I left feeling accomplished and happy. Prayer is a real and powerful tool. Not only does it affect my life but my prayers can bless and affect the lives of those I come in contact with. "


And that wraps up Challenge 1! I hope you all enjoyed it, and thank you so much for your participation! Keep an eye out for Challenge 2, it is going to be AWESOME! And keep praying daily! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment